Updated: 27 April
The Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency visited St Vincent on 23 April to evaluate the emergency. The report highlights:
- 85 public shelters with 4,396 occupants
- 6,790 persons are registered in private shelters
- 1,618 families in private homes
- 1,333 persons in private homes are registered to feed at shelters
- 156 persons sheltered in hotels
A total of 13,303 persons have been displaced by the eruptions.
The report highlights that CASH donations are preferred due to logistical challenges. On the plus side the local water production capability is growing and work is ongoing to restore a pipe-borne supply to the public. Bottled water distribution continues across the SVG.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency International (ADRA) will be providing 1,280 meals per dayfor one month – for 12 shelters.
ADRA-UK has raised to date more than £14,000 and has immediately made £12,000 available towards providing food to the shelters.
To assist with ADRA’s emergency response on St. Vincent please donate now!